Friday, February 15, 2013

To Grandma's House We Go

My mom and Grandma caught in a laugh.

Once a month I take a day to drive down and spend some quality time with my maternal grandma, Caroline.  The winter visits always feel far too short since I have to leave earlier due to the weather and the fact that it gets dark so much earlier, but we always have a blast.  Last Wednesday I drove down, we had a nice lunch together and caught up before spending the afternoon looking through old family photographs and talking about painting.

Grandma is an amazing artist.  Her preferred medium is watercolors and I'm constantly blown away by the things that she can do with them.


This is one (among many) of my favorite of her paintings that hangs in our living room.  The photo doesn't even begin to do it justice.

As is usually the case after a day at Grandma's, I was already looking forward to the next visit by the time I was in the car driving home.

No comments:

Post a Comment